Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Count your many blessings...

This week I have been reminded of a hymn we sang as a child. "Count your many blessings, count them one by one. COunt your many blessings, see what God has done..." When Lennon became sick Sunday night/Monday morning, I was feeling pretty sorry for my little guy and pretty sorry for myself. I hated that he was sick and I hated that he kept me up all night. I cried with him as I held him and rocked him trying to find something to soothe the discomfort of his ear infection. I had another pity party as I drove to Children’s Hospital to take him to his first breathing treatment and then the subsequent breathing treatments. On Monday evening I saw a FaceBook post from a friend. Not someone I even know very well, but a sweet girl I am glad to count as a friend nonetheless. She too is a young mother with a sick baby. But her sick baby isn’t getting better. This morning Lennon was wriggling out of my arms when we got to daycare so that he could go play. He felt good. When I visited them at the hospital last night, I was humbled by the way this young mother, who has to be absolutely terrified on the inside, bravely asked the questions that needed answered, learned how to vent his feeding tube, and comforted her precious baby boy. Her “gift from God.” As I watched that sweet tiny baby smile and play with his toys, I was reminded how thankful I should be. I have been blessed beyond measure. I ask that today, as you go about your plans and your routine, that you take minute to send some prayers, some good thoughts, and some well wishes up for this sweet baby and his brave little mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment