Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Slumber Party

Part of me can’t believe I am about to do this and the other part of me can’t believe I haven’t done it already. This weekend, Lennon is going to spend the night with his grandparents without either of his parents. This is a big deal.

Last night, I kept hearing the wind howl and thinking that it was my baby crying in his crib, so I kept getting up to check on him. I finally gave up trying to sleep around 5:30 and my mind began wandering. I was thinking about the weekend and how much fun I am going to have with my girlfriends. Wine tasting and yummy dinner celebrating a great gal’s birthday. No baby crying or fussing or needing my undivided attention. It will be liberating. Then I began to tear up as I was thinking about Lennon seeing someone else when he opens his eyes on Saturday morning. Falling asleep without his goodnight story and kisses from Mommy and Daddy. It almost makes me want to cancel my plans. Almost.

Josh and I are planning to attend the Bonnaroo Music Festival this summer. It is in early June and Lennon will be 13 months old. He will be staying with Gramma and Grandaddy for 4 nights while we are camping out at the festival. This weekend is our trial run and only one night. I have a feeling that the luxury of sleeping in will not feel so luxurious and I will be up at the crack of dawn and headed to my parents to see my little guy. I am hoping to plan another trial run before ‘Roo, but we will see how this goes first. As many second thoughts as I am having about one night away, I am glad I haven’t spent $300 on our Bonnaroo tickets just yet…

In other news, Lennon has his 9 month well baby check up on Friday. I am anxious to hear how much he has grown since his 6 month appointment. At that appointment he weighed 16 lbs 9 oz and was 29 1/2 inches long. He has grown and changed so much in the last 3 months. I am expecting 22 lbs and 32 inches long. I’ll let you know. Before I had a child I had no idea how much excitement well baby check ups would bring! Don’t get me wrong, I hate the shots, but I love hearing from the doctor and nurses about how cute he is and how he is growing perfectly. It gives me some sense of pride and accomplishment that I have not only managed to keep this tiny little human alive, but that he is thriving. I also realize how fortunate I am to have a little guy that is the perfect specimen of health. I have friends who have dealt/are dealing with a baby that has health problems and surgeries and feeding tubes. I have certainly been blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment