Saturday, January 22, 2011

2nd Time Is the Charm

So, I actually thought I was going to take on this blogging project before Lennon was born. Nearly a year ago I created this blog and wrote my first entry, but never posted it. I had all the intentions in the world of capturing each moment of his life in a blog for our family and friends to follow, but then life got in the way and I never made the time. So, here I am again. Blogging. Maybe it will stick this time...

Here are some excerpts from that original post that never made it live:

January 17, 2010

We knew on September 20th, 2009 that things would never be the same again. As I laid on our bed trying to pretend that there was nothing to fear, I heard the most telling sigh coming from our bathroom. That God-forsaken little hourglass had stopped blinking and that tiny little gray screen read the single scariest word in all the world. Pregnant. I couldn't even look at it. I made Josh do the dirty work, but he couldn't even say the p word.

We wanted this so badly, right? I guess after years of being told that this day would never come, that I would never have children of my own without extreme medical interventions, all it really took was one night in mid-August of too much wine and too few inhibitions and we went from a couple to a family.

Wow! What a difference a year makes! Now I have an 8 and 1/2 month old baby sleeping peacefully in the room next to me. The house is quiet and peaceful for now. Only the whir of the dryer in the background and the click clack of my typing fingers. Josh is at the gym and Marley is curled up at my side. Soon enough though, Josh will be home and Lennon will wake and peace and quiet will be replaced with cooking dinner and the squeals of my baby.

This picture was take on Tuesday before I delivered Lennon on Sunday, May 9th, 2010.

May 9th, 2010 12:31 pm


Christmas 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment